Safety is of paramount important to us. Our team goes above and beyond to be sure we are creating a safe and protected learning environment.
Foothills Montessori School is gated and located in a safe and beautiful community at the base of Black Mountain, near MacDonald Highlands. Our school environment is designed to standards set by the Montessori method of learning. It is also designed to ensure the safety and security of every child attending.
“Preventing conflicts is the work of politics; establishing peace is the work of education.” – Maria Montessori
Maria Montessori believed that education has a role to pay in the development of world peace. She felt that children allowed to develop according to their inner laws of development would give rise to a more peaceful and enduring civilization.
We understand the trust you place in our staff and facility each day.
Our school’s safety and security features include:
- School Emergency Plan coordinated with and authored by emergency planning professionals
- Monitored entry to the school
- Gated campus with keyless PIN entry system
- Text alerts for parents in the event of emergencies
- Strict visitors and volunteers policy
- Registered Nurse on site