Grade Level Head/Middle School Math, Science and History Teacher
- From: Valencia, California
- Years of Teaching Experience: 13
- Years at FMS: 5+
- Degrees: M.Ed. in special education from Vanderbilt University; M.S. in school counseling from University of LaVerne
- Qualifications: Teacher Trainer for Thinking Maps and Write… From the Beginning
- Montessori Certifications: Audited lower elementary training
- Thing about teaching: Learning from every child, every year; experiencing continual growth as an educator.
- Thing about Montessori: “A-ha!” moments from experiential learning.
- Hobbies: Writing children’s books; spending time with son Nathan.
- Quote: There’s never a wrong time to do the right thing.
- Subject: To learn, math. To teach, science.
- What are you looking forward to this year? PALI camp in March!
- What inspires you? My students and their thirst for new knowledge.
- Who is your mentor? Leanne, for her continual faith in me and guidance towards my goals.
“I loved having Ms. Erica as a teacher because her creativity, enthusiasm, and organization made it so easy to understand difficult concepts and learn a lot of interesting new material.” — Emily Weddell, former student
“I like Ms. Erica because she helps us understand things by giving us hands-on activities and makes everything fun to learn with her positive attitude.” — Helena Ward, current student